Cody Rhodes co-founded AEW but would leave the company in February 2022 to return to WWE and now we have insight into Tony Khan’s reaction.
Serving as an Executive Vice President and on-screen talent in AEW, Rhodes’ departure came after both sides were unable to come to terms on a new contract for The American Nightmare.
Arn Anderson recently expressed his belief over Khan’s reaction to the departure on the ARN podcast, saying:
“I think Tony Khan has no ill will towards Cody or vice versa. It’s just one of those things that happens.”
Anderson wished Cody the “best luck” and commented that he felt that switching companies was a natural aspect of the wrestling business.
He also stated he understood the rationale behind Cody Rhodes’ decision and that performers should do what is best for their families.
Rhodes returned to WWE at WrestleMania 38 in April 2022 after a six-year absence.
He would be sidelined with a torn pectoral muscle injury yet would complete his Hell in the Cell match against Seth “Freakin” Rollins in June 2022.
Returning at the Royal Rumble in January 2023, Rhodes now has his sights set on Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 39 this April.
Rhodes recently reunited with members of the Bullet Club at a WWE Live Event.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw