Individuals within AEW have reportedly been working on plans for the promotion’s debut show in Canada.
Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, tentative plans for the debut would see the show take place in Toronto.
Believing that an AEW show in Canada could draw 30,000 fans, Meltzer wrote:
“AEW has at least started work on the idea of a Canada debut in Toronto. It’s not yet known when and what arena they would run. If the debut would be a Saturday night PPV in November, they may want to take the chance of Rogers Centre, the former Skydome.
“I don’t think they could get 50,000 but people in the market tell me they believe they could get 30,000, but more likely they’d play it safe and run Scotiabank Arena.
“There is also the issue of their American fan base traveling to Canada and whether those restrictions will change to having it be relatively simple like it would have been pre-pandemic if they are going for a stadium show since much of their PPV audience is a traveling audience. A PPV there would theoretically sell out any arena they have.”
There has also recently been speculation about an AEW event in the UK, following Jim Ross discussing plans for AEW’s UK debut.
We have attempted to predict the card for the potential UK show, which you can check out right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm