The winner of the latest AEW World Title Eliminator tournament was crowned at tonight’s Full Gear 2021 pay-per-view.
The final was contested by Bryan Danielson and Miro, with Danielson knocking Miro out via a DDT from the second rope followed by a submission focussing on Miro’s weakened neck to pick up the win.
Danielson’s road to the final saw him pick up wins over Dustin Rhodes and Eddie Kingston.
Miro replaced Jon Moxley in the final who was originally planned to be Danielson’s opponent after Moxley entered an inpatient alcohol recovery program. Moxley had beaten Pres10 Vance, and then Miro replaced at the semi-final stage and beat Orange Cassidy.
Danielson will receive a future World Championship match against the winner of tonight’s Full Gear main event, which is current champion Kenny Omega vs Adam Page.
The world title match obviously hasn’t happened yet as of writing this, so stay tuned to our live results to see how it plays out later on.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled