After defending the title at Double or Nothing, Kenny Omega will defend the AEW World Championship on Dynamite in two weeks.
At Double or Nothing, Jungle Boy won the Casino Battle Royale to earn a future AEW World Title match. Jungle Boy wont have to wait long to challenge for the gold.
It has been announced that Kenny Omega and Jungle Boy will go one-on-one with the gold on the line in two weeks. While a date wasn’t mentioned, the TNT schedule currently has Dynamite listed for June 11.
Jungle Boy unsuccessfully challenged for the TNT Championship in April, losing to Darby Allin. Since this setback, Jungle Boy hasn’t lost an AEW singles match.
Omega defeated Orange Cassidy and Pac at Double or Nothing to retain his AEW gold. The AEW, IMPACT and AAA titleholder hasn’t been bested in a one-on-one encounter since his unsanctioned match against Jon Moxley at Full Gear 2019.
During the Casino Battle Royale, Lio Rush made his AEW debut. Rush was eventually eliminated by Matt Hardy. Also at Double or Nothing, Britt Baker defeated Hikaru Shida to become AEW Women’s World Champion.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins