After defending the title at Double or Nothing, Kenny Omega will defend the AEW World Championship on Dynamite in two weeks.
At Double or Nothing, Jungle Boy won the Casino Battle Royale to earn a future AEW World Title match. Jungle Boy wont have to wait long to challenge for the gold.
It has been announced that Kenny Omega and Jungle Boy will go one-on-one with the gold on the line in two weeks. While a date wasn’t mentioned, the TNT schedule currently has Dynamite listed for June 11.
Jungle Boy unsuccessfully challenged for the TNT Championship in April, losing to Darby Allin. Since this setback, Jungle Boy hasn’t lost an AEW singles match.
Omega defeated Orange Cassidy and Pac at Double or Nothing to retain his AEW gold. The AEW, IMPACT and AAA titleholder hasn’t been bested in a one-on-one encounter since his unsanctioned match against Jon Moxley at Full Gear 2019.
During the Casino Battle Royale, Lio Rush made his AEW debut. Rush was eventually eliminated by Matt Hardy. Also at Double or Nothing, Britt Baker defeated Hikaru Shida to become AEW Women’s World Champion.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery