ROH Ambassador Cary Silkin has discussed the morale of the AEW locker-room, reflecting on a recent backstage visit.
Speaking on Wrestling Inc Daily, Silkin recalled his recent experience backstage at an AEW event, stating that there were several talents called in who didn’t feature on the show.
Noting that he could feel that some of the locker-room was ‘unconfident’ about their position in the promotion, Silkin said:
“There are so many guys there, so many guys. I am not going to bring up any names, but there were guys that were flown in to do nothing. It was a very good vibe. But since I’ve been around the back for 20 years, wrestlers are always unconfident, worried about their spot. I could feel that going on. Certainly not with a Bryan Danielson or Hangman Page, but there’s just a lot of people there.”
On this week’s show, several stars, including CM Punk, picked up their first wins of 2022. Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for the year at this link.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’