Komander is All Elite, despite interest from WWE, joining Jay White as a recent signing for Tony Khan’s company.
White made his AEW in-ring debut on the April 19 episode of Dynamite, facing Komander, with Lexi Nair getting to speak to Komander post-match.
It had previously been confirmed that both WWE and AEW had an interest in the Mexican luchador, and Dave Meltzer has now explored the reasoning for Komander joining AEW.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Meltzer states:
“This makes both Jay White and Komander in recent weeks signing with AEW over WWE, which had significant interest in both.
“Komander really made sense because AEW generally offers far more to guys of that level as WWE would be expected to put him on an NXT deal with the idea that if you do make the main roster you’ll get good money, and there’s no guarantee of that main roster, and probably not for years.
“Dragon Lee was going on the idea he’d be main roster in one year and then start making $250,000 or more , and time will tell how that plays out, but he’ll probably get more in-ring time and television in NXT.”
Dragon Lee revealed he had joined WWE back in December 2022 and it has been previously reported that he is on a “much larger than usual NXT deal”.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism