It has been revealed that AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door has hit a huge milestone for All Elite Wrestling.
AEW has seen so much growth since their inception in 2019. Their upcoming co-promoted show with New Japan Pro Wrestling has earned another big revenue earning event for the company.
Speaking with News 12, AEW President Tony Khan revealed that the Forbidden Door event at the United Center in Chicago on June 26 ended up selling over $1 million in ticket sales.
“[Grand Slam] was almost the first million-dollar gate in AEW history, just came shy of that, but it was real close and of course, we set that record now, for AEW Double or Nothing Las Vegas, became our first million-dollar gate for live tickets, and now just hit it again for our partnership with New Japan, for our Forbidden Door show at the United Center.”
It was recently revealed that the AEW x NJPW event will be opening up more sections for tickets to be available.
Quotes via Ringside News
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw