It’s being reported that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) is set to make yet another “major acquisition” on top of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer pointed out that it seems Ric Flair has no non-compete following his WWE release, which is why he could appear at AAA TripleMania this past weekend.
Meltzer also wrote: “Sources close to the promotion that would be alerted to such things also noted a new major AEW acquisition is coming on the heels of the deals for CM Punk and Bryan Danielson”.
There’s no confirmation that is necessarily Flair, but it wouldn’t be a surprise at all considering his relationships with Tony Khan and others in AEW, namely Andrade El Idolo as his daughter Charlotte’s fiancé.
Meltzer also noted that while Flair might not have a standard non-compete deal, it’s always possible that part of the agreement for his release was a certain time-frame before being allowed to join AEW.
Maybe this third person is someone completely different, we just don’t know yet, but it certainly seems there’s going to be another big name becoming All Elite very soon.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence