It’s being reported that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) is set to make yet another “major acquisition” on top of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer pointed out that it seems Ric Flair has no non-compete following his WWE release, which is why he could appear at AAA TripleMania this past weekend.
Meltzer also wrote: “Sources close to the promotion that would be alerted to such things also noted a new major AEW acquisition is coming on the heels of the deals for CM Punk and Bryan Danielson”.
There’s no confirmation that is necessarily Flair, but it wouldn’t be a surprise at all considering his relationships with Tony Khan and others in AEW, namely Andrade El Idolo as his daughter Charlotte’s fiancé.
Meltzer also noted that while Flair might not have a standard non-compete deal, it’s always possible that part of the agreement for his release was a certain time-frame before being allowed to join AEW.
Maybe this third person is someone completely different, we just don’t know yet, but it certainly seems there’s going to be another big name becoming All Elite very soon.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament