Further details of the contract negotiation status between AEW and two of its top stars have been revealed in a new report.
To recap, previously Fightful Select (subscription required) reported that The Young Bucks have been in discussions with AEW about new contracts.
No other information was revealed in the report, though it was noted that there was some confusion in regard to the length and nature of AEW contracts.
Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer has now stepped in with a report of his own.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer explained:
“Their contract is up at the end of the year, and AEW does want to lock them in.
“AEW contacted them and wants to start the negotiations.
“But there have been no negotiations as of today. And they’re certainly not close to a deal. Right now that’s where it’s at.
“It’s similar to when we talked about a couple of months ago with Jericho – Jericho had time left, but they signed him to a new deal.
“They have not started negotiations yet, but AEW has contacted them saying that they want to sign them to a new deal, a multi-year deal, so that’s where the Young Bucks story’s at right now.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
It had previously been reported that Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks had signed five-year deals in 2019, though Rhodes was able to leave after three in January 2022.
Further to this, a 2019 episode of Being The Elite saw the contracts described as “four-year deals.”
We will continue to provide further updates on The Young Bucks’ AEW contract status as the story develops.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes