Deadline is reporting that AEW’s Jon Moxley is set to star in a new MMA movie called ‘Cagefighter’.
Pic follows MMA knock-out specialist Reiss Gibson, now to be played by UK MMA fighter Alex Montagnani. With five title defences under his belt, Gibson is on the verge of becoming a legend of the cage. However, when his promoter, Max Black (Gina Gershon), sets up a cross-promotional bout against international Pro Wrestling showman, Randy Stone (former WWE Champion Jon Moxley), Gibson faces the fight of his life and challenges on multiple fronts.
WWE legend Jay Reso – AKA Christian – is also part of the cast, as well as former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell and former UFC Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold.
The movie is being written and directed by Jess Quinones, sold by Kaleidoscope, produced by Shayne Putzlocher and Jessica Graub of Trighlight Entertainment, Anamorphic Media’s Sara Shaak, and Lorraine Hall.
Spencer Pollard, Kaleidoscope’s CEO, said:
“Kaleidoscope is very excited to be able to bring Cagefighter to AFM with the cast locked and the film shooting before we arrive in Santa Monica. We think the film will be very sought after and the sales team are looking forward to discussing it with buyers during the market”.
Filming is set to begin on November 1 and will take place in Sakatchewan, Canada.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling
- Anthony Bowens Claims He Was Taken Off Dynamite In Cryptic Tweet