When Edge was on top of his game in WWE, AJ Styles was making a name for himself in TNA, finally arriving in WWE at the 2016 Royal Rumble, five years after Edge was forced to retire.
When Edge made his return at the same event four years later, the possibility of the two facing off for the first time ever was now stronger than ever.
AJ Styles appeared on WWE’s The Bump, where he admitted that both himself and Edge want the match, as he is looking for revenge from when Edge injured him with a Spear at the 2020 Royal Rumble.
“The last time Edge and I were in the ring together, he separated my shoulder with a spear, which is the way it should have been. We need to get back in the ring with a one-on-one match and get this thing over with. I want this match. He wants this match. When it going to happen? We’re getting close,”
Styles is set to be a part of the 2022 Royal Rumble match this Saturday, while Edge will team with his wife Beth Phoenix against The Miz and Maryse on the show. For a full list of confirmed Royal Rumble entrants, click here.
transcription via Fightful
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?