Former WWE Champion AJ Styles has missed his second straight WWE live show after reportedly suffering from flu.
The illness is said to be affecting a number of superstars in the locker room, with Finn Balor, Alexa Bliss and Bobby Roode all falling ill.
Newly called up star EC3 reportedly spent Christmas Eve “violently throwing up” after also being struck down ill.
Styles’ illness meant he was unable to compete in his scheduled steel cage match against Daniel Bryan, meaning John Cena took his place. Bryan won the match after hitting Cena with his belt and escaping the cage.
Cena returns to SmackDown Live next week, possibly setting up feuds for later in the year if he makes a more permanent return.
We wish all affected by this illness a speedy recovery.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw