AEW star Alan ‘5’ Angels has recalled the original plan for his star-making match against Kenny Omega in 2020.
Angels had a surprisingly back-and-forth encounter against Omega on an April 2020 edition of Dynamite, which eventually led to Angels signing with the company.
Speaking on the Missing The Marks podcast, Angels noted that the bout was originally only slated allocated four minutes of TV time.
Believing that Omega is one of the stars who he owes his career to, Angels said:
“It was actually only like six minutes and 30 seconds or something like that. The funny thing is we were actually slated for four (minutes), which is kind of the crazy part because we went way over, but if anybody can go over, it’s him.
“I met up with him and we started talking about the match and I think originally it sounded like we had planned a four minute match but then he kept adding stuff that he wanted to do and I was like, ‘I don’t think this is going to be four minutes.’
Angels most recently wrestled during the latest AEW Dark: Elevation tapings, with his match against Andrade El Idolo airing on Monday’s episode.
Kenny Omega is currently out of action, dealing with a number of injuries. There is currently no timetable on his return to the ring.
Stay up to date with every AEW injury, and expected return date, using our tracker at this link.
Quotes via F4WOnline.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Update On AEW Star Following Injury Scare
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?
- More WWE Legends Being Brought In For WrestleMania 39