An ex-girlfriend of Alberto Del Rio has taken to Instagram to post an apology ahead of his trial date for aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault.
An ex-girlfriend, who Del Rio had proposed to in March, posted an image with the following text (translated from Spanish):
“An apology to the Rodriguez del Río family for the damages caused by my mistakes”
Former WWE Champion Del Rio, real name José Alberto Rodríguez Chucuan, was arrested on May 9 after being reported to San Antonio authorities by the victim.
He is alleged to have accused the victim of infidelity and then assaulted her when she didn’t admit to it. He allegedly slapped her across the head several times and forced her to wear a dress and dance for him.
He also allegedly told her not to cry because if she did he would take her son and “drop him in the middle of the road somewhere”.
Police said he “tied the woman’s hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects”.
The victim reported that the attack started at around 10pm on May 3 and ended around 2:30 pm on May 4, meaning it lasted over 16 hours.
WWE’s Paige, who’s another ex-girlfriend of Del Rio, said she had been the subject of abuse in a previous relationship, although she didn’t actually mention Del Rio by name. He then responded by saying “it was the other way around”, and did mention her name.
His trial date for the May arrest is January 25, 2021. He faces one count of aggravated kidnapping and four counts of sexual assault. We’ll keep you updated with any further developments.