A trial date has been set for Alberto Del Rio after he was indicted by a grand jury last week and now he could be facing life in prison.
Del Rio, real name José Alberto Rodríguez Chucuan, was arrested on May 9 after a victim reported him to authorities in San Antonio, Texas.
He is alleged to have accused the victim of infidelity and then assaulted her when she didn’t admit to it. He allegedly slapped her across the head several times and forced her to wear a dress and dance for him.
He also allegedly told her not to cry because if she did he would take her son and “drop him in the middle of the road somewhere”.
Police said he “tied the woman’s hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects”.
The victim reported that the attack started at around 10pm on May 3 and ended around 2:30 pm on May 4, meaning it lasted over 16 hours.
WrestleTalk.com will bring you updates on this situation as they become available.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee