The trial date for former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio has been postponed once again, as it already has been several times this year.
It was originally scheduled for January 2021, but was then pushed back to May 3, then to August 2, then to October 25 (this past Monday), and now, according to court records via PWInsider, it’s been postponed again to December 13.
Del Rio, real name José Alberto Rodriguez Chucuan, faces one charge of aggravated kidnapping and four charges of sexual assault.
An ex-girlfriend of Rodriguez issued an apology to his family through Instagram a few months ago, which his brother claimed was an admission of false accusations, but the case has continued regardless of that.
Rodriguez was arrested on May 9, 2020 after being reported to San Antonio authorities by the alleged victim.
He is alleged to have accused the victim of infidelity and then assaulted her when she didn’t admit to it. He allegedly slapped her across the head several times and forced her to wear a dress and dance for him.
He also allegedly told her not to cry because if she did he would take her son and “drop him in the middle of the road somewhere”.
Police said he “tied the woman’s hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects”.
The victim reported that the attack started at around 10pm on May 3 and ended around 2:30 pm on May 4, meaning it would have lasted over 16 hours.
We’ll continue to provide updates on this as they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours