Former WWE star Aleister Black (Tommy End) has revealed what Paul Heyman told him after he was released by WWE earlier this month.
Heyman was one of Black’s biggest advocates while he was leading Raw creative, and as soon as he was gone from that role, Black’s momentum came to a halt.
Speaking with Renee Paquette on Oral Sessions, Black said:
“He reached out to me on the day that it happened. It was very sad. Paul has always said to me, ‘Tom, I think that you’re five years ahead of the business. As brilliant as I think you are, I think that sometimes, that’s your biggest issue. You’re so far ahead mentally that people have to catch up to it’. He (also said), ‘I still believe you’re going to do great things’.”
Black’s also said that many higher-ups in the company had contacted him and couldn’t believe the company had let him go.
PWInsider actually reported yesterday that some people backstage in WWE have pushed for the company to re-sign Aleister Black, believing he was released prematurely.
It’s been announced that he’ll be appearing at Rack Attack’s ‘Big Event’ on November 13.
Quote via SE Scoops
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee