Alexa Bliss had to miss out on wrestling at the Evolution pay-per-view last year, as well as WrestleMania 35 after a series of concussions.
The issues are seemingly still ongoing, with Bliss being pulled from the Women’s Money In The Bank ladder match just last month after a reported concussion.
However, things appear to be on the up for “The Goddess”. The former Raw Women’s Champion is set to clash with Bayley on Sunday night for the Smackdown Women’s Championship at WWE Stomping Grounds.
Bliss recently sat down with the New York Post to discuss a variety of topics, including how she was worried she’d have to retire after suffering multiple concussions in the last 12 months.
“I think after the second concussion I was very worried about not being able to get back in the ring, especially because I didn’t know what was going on with my brain.”
Bliss also noted how she felt lost as she didn’t understand what was wrong with her brain. However, she said she began to feel better once she met with concussion expert Dr. Michael Collins.
Bliss went on to recall how the meeting with Dr. Collins helped her:
“It made me feel like for the first time that I actually was in control of my own injury and actually well aware of what was going on in my brain and it made me feel so much better about returning to the ring because concussions are a scary thing.”
Alexa Bliss is not the only WWE superstar to suffer from concussion-related issues. Former WWE Champion Daniel Bryan was actually forced into initial retirement back in 2016 after a series of nasty injuries.
Bliss noted in the interview how Daniel Bryan has helped her in dealing with the injuries.
Thanks to WrestleZone for the transcription.
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Multiple AEW Reference On WWE Raw Including Scathing Line From Roman Reigns