It emerged following the tragic passing of Brodie Lee (Jon Huber) over the holiday period that AEW had decided to sign Huber’s son to a contract.
Taking to Instagram yesterday, Amanda Huber has clarified the contract status of her eight-year-old son Brodie Lee Jr after some questions from fans on social media.
Amanda confirmed that Brodie Jr’s contract will only become valid on his 18th birthday if he chooses to wrestle. She added that school is his number one priority right now, and he is not seriously training right now or taking bookings.
Also, just for clarity’s sake.
1) His contract with AEW is valid on his 18th birthday *if* he chooses to wrestle. Nobody is going to push it with him. If you were to spend 10 minutes talking to him you’d understand why they gave him a contract though.
2) School is number one for him.
3) He is not seriously training at the moment or will be taking bookings or anything ridiculous right now.
I know I shouldn’t have to clarify but with social media I end up seeing stories how he’s being forced into this or questions about his “contract” or all sorts of craziness.
At this moment, all of this wrestling around him is our friends trying to make an 8 year old pro wrestling fan feel a bit of happiness after losing his hero
As we’ve said time and time again, it’s a real testament to the character and legacy of Brodie Lee Sr that so many of his colleagues are going out of their way to spend time and have fun with his son at this incredibly tough time.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw