At WWE Super ShowDown on Friday night, Andrade was unsuccessful in his attempts to wrestle the Intercontinental Championship away from the “Demon” Finn Balor.
However mere hours after their fairly decent match, Andrade received the tragic news that his mother had unfortunately passed away. It is believed that she had been ill for a number of weeks or even months.
Dave Meltzer has reported on the Wrestling Observer Radio that Andrade and his real-life girlfriend Charlotte Flair are expected to be taking some time away from WWE after Juanis Oropeza’s passing.
Both Flair and Andrade missed Smackdown live events that they had been previously advertised for on Sunday and Monday night.
It is very unlikely that Andrade will be appearing on tonight’s Smackdown Live from Sacramento, California. However, it is unknown at this time if Charlotte Flair will also be absent.
WrestleTalk would like to extend our condolences to Andrade and his family at this extremely difficult time.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- Nature Of Mickie James Injury Revealed