Ric Flair has provided an update on AEW star Andrade El Idolo, who is currently out of action due to injury.
Andrade underwent surgery for a torn pectoral muscle injury he suffered during his match in the opening round of the AEW Trios Championship tournament in August 2022.
He last wrestled at the September 2022 All Out pay-per-view, in the Casino Ladder Match.
During a Q&A session on his To Be The Man podcast, Flair confirmed that Andrade has been training hard ahead of his eventual return to the ring.
“I haven’t talked to him in a couple of weeks, so I don’t know exactly what the time frame is, but I know they’re training like hell.
“I know for a while Manny could only train with one arm, but he kept working his legs and everything.”
There has been a lot of speculation surrounding Andrade El Idolo’s wrestling future following a recent cryptic tweet.
Stay up to date with AEW injures and expected return dates using our injury tracker right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out