December 11, 2019 is a date that Angel Garza is unlikely to forget for a very long time, and he’s opened up on how it came about.
The reason that date is probably going to live on in his memory for hopefully his entire life, is because he not only defeated Lio Rush for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship, but he then proposed to his wife in front of the live crowd.
Speaking with Super Luchas, Garza discussed his conversation with the brand’s boss Triple H:
“Two days before my match, I was driving and saw a jewelry store and stopped by. I entered to see and I bought the ring; I brought it with me when I arrived that Wednesday at Full Sail, I ran into Triple H in the locker room and said: ‘I know it will be a very difficult match, and whether I win or lose, would you let me do something?’.
“He asked me what I had in mind and I told him that I wanted to give my girlfriend the ring. He replied: ‘Perfect, you have given me results and I want you to be happy, to be happy with the company. You will have your microphone, you will have your time, we will turn on the lights and all the stage is completely yours’.”
The proposal came in the ring during commercials after his match, but a replay was shown when the show came back on air.
Garza continued, describing the locker room’s reaction:
“And it was something very surprising, it was something that nobody expected. None of my coworkers knew, nobody knew absolutely nothing besides Triple H. They all got the surprise and it was a very emotional moment. Believe me that the words I said came from my heart, when I say that there are four things that are my whole life: Wrestling, the entire WWE Universe that has supported me to date, my family, and then my girlfriend, now my future wife.
“It was something that came out unexpectedly, but I have always said that the best things in life are not planned, they just feel and are done, and if you can do it that way, you will have many satisfactions in your life.”
Thanks to Wrestling Inc
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time