An announcement on the future of NJPW Strong is coming “within a few days.”
Earlier this month, NJPW President Takami Obhari announced that New Japan Pro Wrestling’s American counterpart and weekly show NJPW Strong was being “rebuilt” in 2023. Top NJPW star Hiroshi Tanahashi then went on to state that the show was taking a hiatus following recently taped shows airing.
On Saturday evening, Takami Obhari took to Twitter to provide an update and noted that an update on Strong is coming “within a few days.” He tweeted:
Thank you for watching and supporting NJPW STRONG over the years. It has adapted to environmental changes since its inception and will soon be reborn in a new form.
We’ll make an announcement regarding #njpwSTRONG within a few days.
Previously, Obhari stated that the program would put more of a focus on “quality over quantity”.
We will have further updates on NJPW Strong when they become available.
We’ll make an announcement regarding #njpwSTRONG within a few days. pic.twitter.com/SmtZ3O501z
— 大張高己/Takami Ohbari (@TAKAMIOHBARI) January 29, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Scrapped John Cena WrestleMania 39 Matches Revealed