Afa Anoa’i Jr., known to any fans as Manu, has teased the possibility of a WWE return and not necessarily in the Bloodline.
Manu is the son of Afa, one half of The Wild Samoans, and signed with WWE in 2006, entering its Deep South Wrestling developmental territory.
He would make his main roster debut in November 2007 as Mai Tai Anoa’i but would be suspended for a Wellness Policy violation in March 2008.
Following his suspension, Afa Anoa’i Jr returned at Unforgiven in 2008 renamed Manu, and allied himself with Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton as The Legacy and would remain as part of the stable until his expulsion from the group in December of that year.
He would eventually be released from his WWE contract in February 2009 and would head towards the independent wrestling scene.
In an interview with WrestlingNews.co, Manu spoke about the possibility of a return to WWE, saying:
“It could easily happen. I could easily join, you know, Roman. I could easily join The Usos. I could easily join Cody.
“I mean, there’s plenty of ways you can introduce me back to TV. So, you know, anything could happen in the World Wrestling Federation.
“I say that all the time and I always say that. That’s my thing and I feel that to be true.”
In May 2022, WWE released a Top 10 video of Anoa’i family debuts that can be seen below this news story, with Manu at Number 9.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy