In 2019 we saw Tyler Breeze, Lio Rush, Killian Dain and most significantly Finn Balor move back on NXT after stints on the main roster. The four men are all now permanently on the black and gold brand.
Now it seems like we may be seeing another former Raw and SmackDown star move over to NXT in the near future.
At an NXT house show in Melbourne last night, former Ring of Honor and Impact Wrestling star Mike Kanellis made a surprise appearance. Kanellis teamed with Tony Nese to defeat Mohamed Fahim and Nick Ogarelli in tag team action.
This is Kanellis’ first match in an NXT ring and his first in any ring since the 09/24 episode of SmackDown where he was defeated by Shorty G (then Chad Gable).
@marykayfabe look who I get to see @RealMikeBennett #NXTMelbourne pic.twitter.com/s8gaRgHVjW
— Mia Simmons (@Poohbaby925) January 18, 2020
While nothing has been reported with regards to whether Mike Kanellis will be making a permanent switch to NXT, it is something that he’d likely be very interested in.
Also, the fact that he is wrestling on NXT house shows is certainly an indication that WWE could be planning on moving him to the black and gold brand soon. Before making his NXT TV return, Killian Dain wrestled on various NXT house shows.
For the latest on Mike Kanellis’ future within the company, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match