UPDATE – All further updates on Sasha Banks’ release status can be found at this link.
Another report has suggested that Sasha Banks may indeed have been released by WWE after the first report emerged last night.
It was Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc who came out with the initial report of Banks’ release last night, and Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful followed up by reporting that he’d not been able to confirm it, but that it wasn’t confirmed to be untrue either.
A new report looks to have pointed in the direction of there being something to Giri’s report. During today’s Mat Men podcast, Andrew Zarian of the Wrestling Observer said:
“I cannot confirm she’s been released. But, I did hear late last week that her attorneys were working on getting this done.”
So as Zarian said, this doesn’t absolutely confirm she’s been released, but if her lawyers were working on it, it definitely makes it sound like more of a possibility.
Banks had been serving an unpaid suspension from WWE after she and Naomi walked out of the May 16 Raw taping.
We’ll continue to keep you informed with any further updates.
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- AJ Styles Wants The Young Bucks To Come To WWE
- Top Dolla Discusses How WWE Return Came About
- Drew McIntyre Pulled From WWE Live Events Due To Injury
- Current ROH Star Not Signed To AEW Deal
- Anthony Henry Under An AEW Deal
- Bret Hart Reacts To Ric Flair’s Last Match
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match