Well this is an interesting one.
As we previously reported, WWE filed to trademark ‘Bloody Brutes’ back on May 12, which seemed like it was the original planned name for Sheamus, Ridge Holland and Butch before they were eventually called the ‘Brawling Brutes’ on this past Friday’s SmackDown.
However, there’s yet another twist in this tale, as it turns out WWE actually filed another trademark before SmackDown, this time for ‘Brutal Brutes’.
The Brutal Brutes trademark was filed on May 19, which was the day before the show.
So basically, it seems like WWE had originally planned to call them the Bloody Brutes, then changed their minds to the Brutal Brutes, then changed their minds AGAIN and eventually settled on the Brawling Brutes.
Either that, or, the Brutal Brutes filing was actually a mistake and it was supposed to say Brawling Brutes. Because ‘Brutal Brutes’ does sound pretty silly, and it wouldn’t be the first time WWE has made a mistake like that with its trademark filings.
Maybe we’ll never know, but an intriguing thing to note either way.
Also on May 19, WWE filed to trademark Max Dupri, which was revealed on SmackDown to be the new name for LA Knight.
You can keep up with all WWE trademark filings of the year at this link.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed
- Here’s How Long Tonight’s Forbidden Door Show Will Likely Be