Last night on Monday Night Raw, Natalya and Lana were drafted to SmackDown and Raw respectively, essentially ending their rather short-lived run as a tag team in the women’s division.
The pair actually split earlier on in the night following their tag team match with Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke. After failing to win the match, Natalya told Lana she was “done” before walking to the back alone.
This came to a head in the women’s Battle Royale that main evented the show, where Lana lasted eliminated her former tag team partner to earn a Raw Women’s Championship match with Asuka.
At this time, there is no word on when WWE is planning on having Lana challenge Asuka for the Raw Women’s Championship. Some have speculated it could take place on the kickoff show for Hell in a Cell later this month.
WWE has seemingly developed a real kink for breaking-up teams as Seth Rollins & Murphy, Heavy Machinery, Lucha House Party, New Day, Angel Garza & Andrade, The IIconics and now Lana and Natalya have broken up over the last few weeks.
This leaves Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler, Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke and The Riott Squad as the only established teams competing for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions over the next few weeks.
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw