A second team has advanced in the WWE Women’s Tag Team Tournament on tonight’s (August 12) edition of WWE SmackDown.
In a battle featuring numerous NXT alums, Raquel Rodriguez, along with partner Aliyah took on Shotzi and Xia Lia in another first round match up for the vacated WWE Women’s Tag Team titles.
Previously, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY bested Tamina and Dana Brooke on WWE Raw to advance to the second round.
The pair of Rodriguez and Aliyah won the match after Rodriguez hit her signature Tejana Bomb to secure the pinfall victory for her team.
Announced to be debuting on next week’s (August 19) edition of WWE SmackDown are Nikkita Lyons and by then, possible NXT Women’s Champion, Zoey Stark.
Stark faces NXT Women’s Champion Mandy Rose on Tuesday August 16, special ‘Heatwave’ themed edition of NXT 2.0.
The NXT 2.0 duo may not function as a tag team on their roster but they received a nice video package introducing them to SmackDown audiences who may be unfamiliar.
The WWE Women’s Tag Team Tournament is notable for occuring after the most recent champions, Sasha Banks and Naomi, famously left them behind during their walk-out.
— WWE (@WWE) August 13, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite