Last week, Batista confirmed that he will be unable to attend the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony next week due to a scheduling conflict. It also emerged that WWE wants to induct Batista in front of a full crowd.
However, it now seems like Batista won’t be the only 2020 Hall of Fame inductee to miss the ceremony next week, as Jushin Thunder Liger will also not be in attendance for Tuesday’s show.
According to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jushin Thunder Liger WILL NOT be appearing at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony next week:
Since it was taped this past week, Jushin Liger did not appear. Lawler hosted the show as has done in many recent years. The Bella Twins noted that their Hall of Fame acceptance speech was cut and had to fit into a three-to-five minute window after they had first written a 15 minute speech
As he’s living in Japan it’s not surprising that Jushin Thunder Liger was unable to make the trip over to the US given the current COVID crisis, but it seems like the former NJPW star didn’t even film a video for the show.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’