Anthony Bowens of the Acclaimed tag team has said an offer from NXT actually led to him signing with All Elite Wrestling (AEW).
There had been interest from WWE in Bowens in previous years, but for whatever reason he was never signed, but he was contacted after a match he had on AEW Dark.
When Tony Khan found out WWE had contacted him, Khan decided it was time to act, so Bowens ended up signing with AEW instead.
Speaking on the latest Unrestricted podcast, Anthony Bowens said:
“So I never really went into specifics about what technically happened. I did the Dark match, and the next day, I was approached by NXT about coming down there, after they ghosted me for three years. I didn’t hear anything back from AEW directly after the match because sometimes Dark airs about a week or two afterwards, or at least in the pandemic world, and I just said yes and somehow that trickled back to Tony Khan. Tony found out about it, and then brought me down there the week later.
“I had a long conversation with him and my tag team partner, and the next thing you know, I’m with AEW, which is where I wanted to be in the first place. There’s a ton of life happenings in there that made the decision a lot easier, but there was a very anxiety filled two weeks. Honestly, being in a great situation, I guess, where every wrestler wants to be in but it was one of the most anxiety induced two weeks I’ve ever had in my life, but I made the right decision, and I’m so excited to be in AEW.”
The Acclaimed did hit a bit of a bump in the road recently with the Max Caster rap controversy, but that seems to be a thing of the past, and last night they had a rap battle against Tony Khan and Lil Uzi Vert at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Quote via Wrestling Inc
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- WWE Star Thanks The Wyatt Family For Inspiring Them To Get Into Wrestling