There have been new updates on the WWE contracts of Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez following their moves to NXT.
On Tuesday’s episode of NXT, Apollo confronted NXT Champion Bron Breakker before teaming with Solo Sikoa in the show’s main event. Following his appearance, reports confirmed that both Apollo and Azeez have been internally moved to the NXT roster.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, both stars still have their main roster/WWE Raw contracts, rather than new developmental deals.
This has happened in the past with several stars who have returned to NXT, with Biff Busick (Oney Lorcan) previously confirming that he was under main roster contract when released by the company in November 2021, from when 205 Live was considered a main roster property.
Because of this, Busick had a 90-day non-compete clause before becoming a free agent, rather than the 30 day clause which most NXT names have.
Despite the teases on this week’s show, Apollo will not be challenging for the NXT Championship at next month’s The Great American Bash special. The main event of the upcoming special was revealed during a recent set of NXT TV tapings, which you can read about right here.
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere