As if there weren’t enough pay-per-views in the year already, it is being reported by Joseph Peisech of the No Holds Barred podcast that WWE is in talks to increase the amount of NXT TakeOver events to eight per year.
This comes in the wake of the news that the thoroughly excellent yellow brand showings may also be moving to Fox Sports along with SmackDown Live as from 2019. So, that’s good news for us UK fans who can’t even access the channel. Thanks, Vince.
While nothing has been decided, it is such a bad move. NXT has a reputation for building great storylines which lead to excellent pay-per-view matches over the course of months. To shorten the time between events would mean things potentially seeming rushed on NXT television and that can only hamper the product. Let’s not turn NXT into main roster WWE.
Why tamper with things if they’re not broken?
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- MJF Calls Top WWE Star ‘Salt Of The Earth’
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode