Ariane Andrew, formerly Cameron of the Funkadactyls in WWE, has revealed she has reached out to Vince McMahon about a return.
She was released by WWE on May 6, 2016 having been with the company for five years at that point, and was most notably known as a Funkadactyl alongside Naomi before breaking off into a not quite so memorable singles run.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, she said:
“I am very torn if I want to say this, but I actually reached out recently and was like, ‘I would love to come back’, and, will I be back? That’s to be determined, but I actually reached out to Vince McMahon himself and was like, you know what, I’m going to go to the person who’s at the top.
“I miss being in that world of wrestling. I saw Naomi three months ago, and I was like, you know what, if I have nothing, if I never got the championship, I feel like having the tag team titles would be awesome.
“I feel like I would feel fulfilled. I feel like I would get that feeling of feeling accomplished because the Funkadactyls were awesome, but I still feel there’s this void that I’m missing, and I feel like if I was able to go back and, not only that, we’d be making history. We would be the first Black women ever – I hate to throw that term around when it comes to race – but we’d be the first Black women ever to have the belts.
“He actually responded, which is crazy. I know he’s a busy person. He was like, ‘I’ll pass this along to John Laurinaitis’, who’s Head of Talent Relations.”
Ariane Andrew notably wrestled for AEW last year as part of the promotion’s women’s tag team tournament, teaming with Nyla Rose in a losing effort to Anna Jay and Tay Conti in the first round.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results