Last night at TLC, Charlotte Flair returned to TV for the first time in over six months to help Asuka defeat Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax. In doing so, the pair became the new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions.
Following her win with Charlotte Flair at TLC last night, the final WWE pay-per-view of 2020, Asuka has made history, becoming the first woman to hold the Tag Team Championship with two different partners.
Asuka first won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship with Kairi Sane at the infamous Hell in a Cell pay-per-view last year. The pair held the belts for 180 days, dropping them back to Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania 36.
This is now Flair’s first reign with the titles and Asuka’s second, and while Asuka isn’t the first woman to hold the titles on two separate occasions, she is the first to do it with two different partners.
Some have speculated that WWE is going to spin off into a Raw Women’s Championship feud between Asuka and Charlotte Flair following TLC last night. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any potential updates on that.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite