WWE prodigy Austin Theory has spoken about what it’s like to be slapped by Vince McMahon following this past Monday’s Raw.
Monday’s show saw McMahon take Theory under his wing throughout the show, watching the action together so McMahon could give some advice.
The main piece of advice throughout was to “expect the unexpected”, which Theory thought he’d learned, but then found out he wasn’t quite there yet when McMahon slapped him instead of giving him a handshake.
Austin Theory spoke briefly about the ordeal on today’s After The Bell podcast, saying:
“When you think wrestling, and you think wrestling God, it’s Vince McMahon. I think when I’m sitting there and I’m talking with him, it’s like, wow, it doesn’t get bigger than this. And already. So I’m just like… I don’t know.
“Even when I – I probably watched the video of getting slapped like 100 times – I would just say, don’t upset Vince McMahon, because, yo, he’s got some hands man.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
During the same podcast, Theory also spoke about John Cena being an inspiration to him when he was being bullied at school which you can read about at this link.
Getting slapped by anyone else might seem like a bad thing, but from Vince McMahon, it would very much seem to be a sign of endearment.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’