UPDATE: WES has confirmed that the event has been postponed until July 9, sharing the following statement:
Wrestling Entertainment Series (WES) is disappointed to announce that the debut event, which was originally scheduled for this Saturday, June 4th, at the Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham in the United Kingdom, has been postponed to July 9th.
Gzim Selmani, Legion of Pain & WES co-promoter, had the following to say:
“We have all worked extremely hard on this event, however, things have not been going our way for us. Originally, the first event was set to take place in the UAE, but due to the sad & untimely passing of Sheikh Khalifa, we decided out of respect to change the event to Nottingham.
“It was a huge undertaking to move the event to a completely different continent on three weeks’ notice. Unfortunately, with the Queen’s jubilee celebrations and the impact that is having on the events sector in the UK, and with just three weeks to prepare, it proved to be an impossible task.
“I want to apologise to the fans for any inconvenience caused. We will make it up to you all on July 9th with an incredible show! Also, a big thank you to everyone who has supported WES so far. Since our launch, the response from fans, media, and fellow wrestlers has been really moving. Thank you!
“See you all on July 9th!”
Some potentially very bad news for former WWE stars, The Authors of Pain.
Akam and Rezar, who now go by Legion of Pain, recently announced their new promotion, the Wrestling Entertainment Series (WES), would be having its debut show at the Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham on Saturday, June 4.
The show was set to feature a number of former WWE stars, including Braun Strowman (Adam Scherr), Lana, Nia Jax and of course the Authors of Pain.
However, according to another former WWE star Chelsea Green, the show has been cancelled.
Green commented on a Fite TV tweet advertising the show, and simply said it has been cancelled, but did not provide further information.
Actually it’s cancelled.
— CHELSEA GREEN (@ImChelseaGreen) May 31, 2022
As mentioned above, it has since confirmed that the event has been postponed until July 9.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name