Ava Raine, aka Simone Johnson, the daughter of Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, cut her first WWE promo during Sunday’s (July 9) NXT house show in Orlando, Florida.
Raine took to the mic in the show to fire shots at the NXT women’s locker-room, including Cora Jade.
The fourth generation star then referred to herself as the ‘Final Girl’ of NXT. The segment indicated that Raine will be presented as a heel moving forward.
Prior to this promo, Raine had made an appearance during Saturday’s Citrus Springs show, walking around the ring during a match to ‘scout’ talent.
Raine, who has yet to debut this character on WWE TV, received her new WWE ring name in late-May and unveiled a new look last month, fuelling speculation that her wrestling debut is imminent.
Cora Jade is currently an NXT Women’s Tag Team Champion, winning the gold alongside Roxanne Perez from Toxic Attraction at NXT Great American Bash.
Stay up to date with every title WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Dwayne @TheRock Johnson's daughter Simone, aka @AvaRaineWWE, just cut a promo at #NXTOrlando, calling herself "the final girl." @WWENXT pic.twitter.com/tKF8TiX5fd
— Jay Reddick (@runninjay) July 10, 2022
hi ??♀️ https://t.co/MlZfrBqXNt
— AVA (@AvaRaineWWE) July 10, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Another AEW Star Set To Return On Collision Debut Show