During the Knockouts Knockdown event, it was announced that Awesome Kong will be inducted into the IMPACT Hall Of Fame later this month.
On Saturday’s show, it was revealed that she will officially enter the promotion’s Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory on October 23.
Kong had two separate runs with IMPACT, wrestling for the company for over six years in total. During her IMPACT tenure, Kong won the TNA Knockouts Championship twice, with her first reign beginning just four months after her 2007 IMPACT debut.
Kong also had one reign with the Knockouts Tag Team Title, alongside Hamada and won the Queen of Knockouts tournament in 2015. Her last official contest for IMPACT took place in January 2016.
The veteran also notably wrestled for WWE between 2010 and 2012 under the name ‘Khama’. She also had a run in AEW, joining the promotion in 2019, and officially departing earlier this year after her contract was not renewed.
Kong announced her retirement from in-ring competition at NWA EmPowerrr in August. She will be the second woman inducted into the IMPACT Hall of Fame, following Gail Kim in 2016.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan Make AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- First Women’s Owen Hart Foundation Cup Finalist Set