According to reports from TMZ, there was an altercation backstage at AEW Dynamite in Washington D.C. between two top stars.
Sources told TMZ Sports that Andrade El Idolo and Sammy Guevara were just involved in a backstage altercation and Andrade El Idolo has been sent home.
Apparently while words were exchanged, things allegedly turned physical and both pushes and punches were thrown.
Of note, due to an apparent production error a commercial during the picture in picture break just advertised the previously cancelled match for this coming Friday’s Rampage where “Andrade El Idolo puts his AEW career on the line” – that match is no longer happening on Friday.
Unlike Andrade, Sammy Guevara was NOT sent home after the incident and actually won the main event match of the show as he teamed with Chris Jericho to beat Daniel Garcia and Bryan Danielson.
If you’ve somehow missed it over the past couple of days, find out why there has been an issue between Andrade and Guevara recently at this link.
You can keep up with all the news from AEW Dynamite by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership
- Potential Spoiler For SmackDown December 9 Surprise Appearance