Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor will go one-on-one at NXT TakeOver: Portland this weekend in one of the most highly anticipated matches in recent memory.
The two former NXT Champions were reportedly set to do battle at NXT TakeOver: WarGames III in November 2019. However, Johnny Gargano missed the show through injury and Finn Balor instead faced Matt Riddle.
While Gargano is currently feuding with the former Universal Champion, it appears as if NXT could be planting the seeds for Johnny’s next feud.
NXT shared a clip on social media of Johnny Gargano and Cameron Grimes having a heated exchange backstage at a NXT Live Event in Riverside.
Things got a little heated between @CGrimesWWE and @JohnnyGargano after #NXTRiverside! pic.twitter.com/4BOkck04q0
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) February 10, 2020
WWE may actually be planning on having Grimes and Gargano go one-on-one before NXT TakeOver: Portland. It has been speculated that this angle will lead to a Gargano vs. Grimes match this week on NXT.
Would you be interested in the prospect of seeing Johnny Gargano feud with Cameron Grimes on NXT? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Who Won The NXT Women’s Battle Royal For Title Match Against Tiffany Stratton