Roman Reigns became the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion at WrestleMania 38 when he defeated Brock Lesnar.
After the match, a number of people pointed out that it seemed as though Roman Reigns had suffered some kind of arm injury, as one of his biceps appeared to be very swollen, and it was speculated the match was finished early.
Interestingly, while the match was indeed shorter than expected, Dave Meltzer is reporting on the Sunday Night Main Event podcast that it wasn’t cut short due to any kind of injury to anyone.
“That’s not even true (the injury rumors). That was the match. That was the match that was laid out. That’s the nature of the way they put Lesnar matches together which is boom boom boom, big move big move… it was not a bad match by any means. It was a Brock Lesnar match, no different from many others.”
Regarding the status of Reigns and Lesnar, Ringside News – which has had many reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer in recent times – is reporting the people in WWE they’ve spoken to have told them “no-one knows the truth” about Lesnar or Reigns, and that it isn’t clear whether WWE is planning to have Brock Lesnar on any future shows.
They added when Vince was asked about the situation regarding Lesnar and Roman’s injury, he refused to answer.
On last week’s episode of SmackDown, Shinsuke Nakamura appeared to set up a feud with Roman Reigns when he was super-kicked by the Usos after being embraced by Reigns. You would assume this is just a filler feud for WrestleMania Backlash.
Credit to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription.
- UFC Hall Of Famer Daniel Cormier To Serve As Special Guest Referee At WWE Extreme Rules
- Jury Comes To Decision In Randy Orton WWE 2K Tattoo Lawsuit
- Ricky Steamboat Announces In-Ring Return With FTR
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media
- WWE’s Carmella Addresses Fake ‘Leaked’ Picture Of Her & Corey Graves
- Update On Triple H Changing GUNTHER’s Ring Name
- WWE Stars Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Recalls Fan Attack On WWE Raw
- WWE Reveals Lineup For Last Raw Before Extreme Rules (October 3)
- Rhea Ripley Wants To Do Mixed Tag Matches With Damian Priest