A report has revealed more backstage details surrounding the WWE return of John Cena following Money in the Bank.
Following the Universal Championship match on last night’s (July 18) pay-per-view, John Cena made his shocking return to the company. After the event went off the air, Cena told fans that his appearance was not a one-off.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), Cena is being treated as a free agent and will appear on several upcoming shows, without brand limitations. It has already been announced that the 16-time World Champion will open tonight’s episode of Raw.
It was recently announced that Cena will star in Argylle, a film that will begin shooting in August. Cena reportedly won’t be required for filming until after SummerSlam on August 21.
Numerous sources had previously reported that John Cena vs Roman Reigns will headline SummerSlam. Cena cut Reigns’ celebrations short, taunting the Tribal Chief to close Money in the Bank.
According to Andrew Zarian of The Mat Men Podcast, a tonight’s episode of Raw will also feature a “big debut“.
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Stars’ Futures In Doubt, Karrion Kross Plans, Several Injuries – News Bulletin – August 8, 2022
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Report: The Rock Vs Roman Reigns Is ‘100% The Plan’ For WrestleMania 39
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- Bray Wyatt Addresses Speculation Following Recent Message
- Ric Flair & Carlos Colon Involved In Brawl Following His Last Match