A report has revealed more backstage details surrounding the WWE return of John Cena following Money in the Bank.
Following the Universal Championship match on last night’s (July 18) pay-per-view, John Cena made his shocking return to the company. After the event went off the air, Cena told fans that his appearance was not a one-off.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), Cena is being treated as a free agent and will appear on several upcoming shows, without brand limitations. It has already been announced that the 16-time World Champion will open tonight’s episode of Raw.
It was recently announced that Cena will star in Argylle, a film that will begin shooting in August. Cena reportedly won’t be required for filming until after SummerSlam on August 21.
Numerous sources had previously reported that John Cena vs Roman Reigns will headline SummerSlam. Cena cut Reigns’ celebrations short, taunting the Tribal Chief to close Money in the Bank.
According to Andrew Zarian of The Mat Men Podcast, a tonight’s episode of Raw will also feature a “big debut“.
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Top WWE Star Dealing With ‘Really Bad’ Shoulder Injury
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Latest On WWE International Expansion