There were some surprising names released by WWE earlier this week, but one of the less surprising on the list was Santana Garrett.
Garrett was one of the names called up to the main roster last summer but never got used, along with Chelsea Green (who did eventually but got injured in her debut) and Vanessa Borne, both of whom have also been released in recent months.
Fightful Select is reporting that several pitches had been made for Garrett, one of which was a trio with the aforementioned Green and Borne, which “nearly happened” until minds changed.
Garrett had been seen backstage at SmackDown a few months ago but the report notes this isn’t something that happened often.
The report mentions that Fightful had not heard of any concrete plans that were ever set for Garrett to debut, although that doesn’t necessarily mean there weren’t any.
Her release reportedly didn’t come as a surprise to many people in WWE considering her uncertain status over the past year.
Santana Garrett was in the Royal Rumble this past January but that’s the only main roster appearance she made despite being called up.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches