Some backstage news has come to light regarding the Diamond Mine faction that finally debuted on last night’s episode of WWE NXT.
The group is made up of Roderick Strong, Tyler Rust, Hideki Suzuki and Malcolm Bivens, and Fightful Select has now provided some interesting details.
According to Fightful, the group had actually been planned for several months, even before Roderick Strong’s recent absence and storyline resignation from NXT.
There were actually plans for the group to debut “well before” it did, but it was shifted back more than once in order to wait for the right occasion.
The report goes on to mention that there had been different members planned at different points, but Tessa Blanchard and Parker Boudreaux were never involved – those were just fans getting carried away with speculation on Twitter.
Diamond Mine is reportedly also a part of the plan to elevate the brand’s cruiserweight division.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: Mandy Rose Spotted On Boat With Several NXT Stars
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed