It appears that CM Punk’s backstage influence could be keeping another AEW off TV.
While this isn’t a report, Dave Meltzer has suggested in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Colt Cabana, who hasn’t appeared on AEW TV for some time, may be being kept off shows as a result of his fractured relationship with Punk.
Cabana and Punk were involved in a heated and highly publicised lawsuit before both men signed with AEW, and it appears there is still a lot of heat between the two wrestlers.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer said:
Colt Cabana hasn’t been on the show for a while as he is earmarked for the ROH group if and when that starts. This may be in some form be related to his issues with C.M. Punk. Cabana was signed to a new contract which was pushed for by Matt & Nick Jackson, and worked the ROH PPV show, but has not been at any of the AEW tapings since his new deal was signed.
While he has had a few matches on AEW Dark and Dark: Elevation, Cabana’s last TV match took place in November last year, when he lost to Bryan Danielson.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Next Ring Of Honor Pay Per View Announced