There is reportedly a substantial amount of heat on Shane McMahon following Saturday’s WWE Royal Rumble event.
During the show, Shane McMahon made his return to WWE TV as a surprise entrant in the men’s Rumble. McMahon notably eliminated Kevin Owens before ultimately reaching the final three of the 30-man match.
Per Ringside News – which has had several backstage reports recently confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer – a tenured member of the WWE creative team noted that McMahon ‘tried to book the Rumble around himself’, and ‘openly buried’ producer Jamie Noble.
It was indicated that a number of individuals backstage took issue with McMahon’s behaviour, with another source reportedly telling Ringside News ‘when Shane is more impactful in the Rumble than Big E or Owens, even people who don’t normally complain are complaining loudly today.’
McMahon was reportedly a the lead writer and producer for the men’s Rumble. On McMahon’s role in the bout, an additional backstage source claimed that ‘his father obviously made a mistake.’
Vince McMahon had reportedly taken an ‘extremely tight look‘ at plans for the entire event, and had made a number of changes to the Royal Rumble matches in the days prior.
Brock Lesnar ultimately won the men’s Royal Rumble, after losing his WWE Championship to Bobby Lashley earlier in the night. Stay up to date with every 2022 title change in WWE using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring