More backstage details have emerged on Johnny Gargano’s WWE status, ahead of the NXT Triple Crown Champion’s contract expiring.
Gargano reportedly signed a short-term WWE contract extension that would allow him to wrestle at NXT WarGames this weekend. The popular star is ‘exploring all options’, following reports that he was offered a long-term WWE contract, and didn’t initially offer him the one-week deal.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), talks between WWE and Gargano regarding a potential contract extension began in October.
Sources indicated to Fightful that WWE wants to keep Gargano in the company, praising his work with his stable The Way, and pointing out that the former NXT Champion has helped progress a number of prospects during his time with the company.
Fightful also reports that Gargano’s wife Candice LeRae’s contract is not set to expire imminently. In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was noted that it is the belief that WWE will add the time that LeRae is off TV because of her pregnancy to her current deal, which reportedly ends in May 2022.
- ‘The Genius’ Lanny Poffo Passes Away
- Planned ‘Top’ WrestleMania 39 Match For Gunther Revealed
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Mom Involved In Car Crash
- Vickie Guerrero Addresses Fake Quote About Dominik Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero
- AEW Planning Streaming Service With Broadcast Partner?
- Shawn Michaels Provides Update On WWE Status Of Ilja Dragunov & Meiko Satomura
- SmackDown Star Revealed As Maximum Male Models’ Stylist
- These WWE Stars Are Doing ‘Amazing’ Merch Sales Right Now
- Report: WWE Has Plans For WrestleMania Sponsorship Match
- Triple H Says It’s ‘Great’ Having Vince McMahon Back