More backstage details have emerged on Johnny Gargano’s WWE status, ahead of the NXT Triple Crown Champion’s contract expiring.
Gargano reportedly signed a short-term WWE contract extension that would allow him to wrestle at NXT WarGames this weekend. The popular star is ‘exploring all options’, following reports that he was offered a long-term WWE contract, and didn’t initially offer him the one-week deal.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), talks between WWE and Gargano regarding a potential contract extension began in October.
Sources indicated to Fightful that WWE wants to keep Gargano in the company, praising his work with his stable The Way, and pointing out that the former NXT Champion has helped progress a number of prospects during his time with the company.
Fightful also reports that Gargano’s wife Candice LeRae’s contract is not set to expire imminently. In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was noted that it is the belief that WWE will add the time that LeRae is off TV because of her pregnancy to her current deal, which reportedly ends in May 2022.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return
- Gisele Shaw Comes Out As Transgender
- AEW Rampage Live Results – June 24, 2022