A new backstage update has been provided regarding the weird moment involving RECKONING of RETRIBUTION during Monday’s WWE Raw.
RECKONING (Mia Yim) got in the ring and appeared to have some sort of seizure, shaking around on the floor and scratching herself, which distracted the Hurt Business and allowed RETRIBUTION to score an elimination.
Fightful Select is reporting that the original pitch was actually for her to mimic having a seizure, which Yim herself and others spoke up about it not being in good taste.
Instead, it ended up playing out as a Demonic possession, which is equally as ridiculous – if not more so – but at least it’s not in as bad taste as mimicking having a seizure.
Vince McMahon was said to be pleased with how it played out despite it not neccessarily being the original vision.
Despite the antics, RETRIBUTION was still beaten in the four-on-four elimination bout when leader Mustafa Ali got himself disqualified. So that’s good.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- WWE Stars’ Futures In Doubt, Karrion Kross Plans, Several Injuries – News Bulletin – August 8, 2022