Some backstage news has come to light regarding a highly praised match on this past Wednesday’s episode of AEW Dynamite.
The match between FTR’s Dax Harwood and Jurassic Express’ Jungle Boy was applauded by fans and critics alike, and there’s an interesting note about that match.
As per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the whole angle was actually Harwood’s idea and his goal was to get Jungle Boy over as a “superstar babyface”.
Harwood pitched it to Tony Khan, who obviously approved it. Meltzer also gave the bout 4.5 stars.
The match saw Harwood’s tag partner Cash Wheeler and manager Tully Blanchard handcuffed to Jungle Boy’s tag partner Luchasaurus at ringside so no-one could get involved.
Jungle Boy made Harwood tap out, which is the first time Harwood has taken a fall in an AEW ring.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event